"Rejoice O young man in thy youth..."
Ecclesiastes

"...For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted"
Luke 18:14

"Educate the children and it won't be necessary to punish the men"
Pythagoras

lunes, 7 de marzo de 2016

Noah Smith and "Economics Has a Math Problem"

I found this story almost by chance, and I do not quite agree with this person.

Link HERE

Economics will be "saved" by mathematics, I agree with that, but I do not think it may not be evolving in a mathematical framework.

I am not convinced either by the fact that its guidlines might be "data driven".

Some science disciplines are fact is evolving under two competing "pulses":

a) the need to have a "model" to explain the data

b) the possibility to infer data behaviour without a model (i. e., to use "data driven prediction" tools)

I think there is not a clear answer about which approach is best.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario